If you are suffering from knee pain or weak muscles of knees then, you should practice those best exercises to strengthen knees. Those people practicing these 3 exercises, have less pain in the back of the knee and get recover faster from any knee injuries. Even knee strengthening exercises prevent causes of knee pain.
Cause of Knee Pain
- Serious injuries to ligaments and cartilage.
- Deficiency vitamins like calcium, magnesium, zinc and vitamin D.
- Stress, tension, worry and depression leads to calcium deficiency which leads to joint pain.
- Obesity (Weight gain) causes knee pain.
- Physically inactive leads to joint pain.
Best Exercises to Strengthen Knees Muscles
There are so many knee strengthening exercises, but it can be hard to practice. But you can practice those best knee strengthening exercise which are easy and effective to practice.
Sitting on Chair
Moving your legs up and down for 10 minutes is one of the effective exercises to strengthen knee muscles in a few days.
- Sit straight on a chair.
- Extend both legs in front of you.
- Your thighs and feet should be parallel to each other.
- Hold this position and count 1 to 10, then lowers down your legs slowly.
- If you are practicing at home, then you can hold pillow in your legs or without pillow you can practice.
- Repeat this cycle for 10 minutes daily.
- It is so simple and effective that you can practice this exercise anywhere if you are sitting.
- Definitely you will find your knees getting stronger.
You can stretch your toes while practicing above exercise.
- Once you extend your legs in front of you, stretch your toes in forward direction. Means your toes will be parallel to your thigh.
- Hold this position for 15-20 seconds then relax.
- Repeat this for 10 minutes.
- It will strengthen your legs muscle and joint.
Stretching Legs for Strengthening Knees
- Extend your one leg at a time in front of you.
- Hold this position for 15-20 seconds.
- Relax and start with other leg again for 15-20 seconds.
- Repeat this exercise for 10 minutes daily.
- This exercise strengthens your legs muscles and knees.
Pavanamuktasana for Strengthening Knees
Regular practice of pavanamukstasana for 5 minutes is one of the best exercises to strengthen knee muscles.
- Lie flat on your back and keep your legs straight .
- Inhale slowly and bring your both legs towards your chest.
- Hold the pose for 20 -30 seconds.
- Now exhale slowly and return to the first position.
- Repeat this cycle for 5 minutes.
[ Read more – Steps and Benefits of Pavanamuktasana]
Yoga Exercises to Strengthen Knees.
- Warrior Pose (Virabhadrasana)
- Balasana (Child’s pose)
- Do not over stretch or overdo.
- Say no to sour food or fruits. Sour food is dangerous for those suffering from knee pain.
- Have a steam bath.
- Daily massage with good herbal oil is must for strengthening muscles of the knee.
- Avoid particular poses if you are not comfortable to do that.
- Practice under expert guidance.
- Consult your doctor if you are suffering from serious knee injury or deficiency of some vitamins like calcium, magnesium or vitamin D.
[Do not miss ]
1. How to Cure and Prevent Arthritis?
2. Yoga Poses to Cure and Prevent Arthritis.