It is very effective to purify mind and body. Anulom Vilom pranayama is one of the excellent breathing exercises which is also know as Nadi Shodhana. Regular practice offers energy in the body and releases stress and anxiety. It should be practiced in the morning in the fresh air with empty stomach.
Steps for Anulom Vilom Pranayama
It is very simple asana every one can do this of any age.
- Sit comfortably on flat ground. Those who can’t sit, can sit on chair because this is related to the breath.
- Now close right nostril with right thumb and breathe from left nostril. Then close left nostril with middle and ring finger and breathe out from right nostril.
- Now breathe in deeply with right nostril and then close right nostril and breathe out deeply with left nostril. Do the repetition.
- Do this for 5-10 minutes.
- Keep in mind that your breathing should be up to the lungs and not in the stomach.
Benefits of Pranayama Anulom Vilom
- It improves blood circulation.
- It calms your mind.
- Keep away the heart related problems
- Provide relaxation to body and mind.
- Regular practice of anulom vilom breathing exercise cleanses, strengthens and tones your nervous system.
- It improves your concentration.
- Excellent for glowing skin.
- Helps to improve function of your lungs.
- Helps to prevent diabetes and keeps diabetes under control.
- Remove blockage of arteries.
- Relive stress depression and hypertension.
- Cure Asthma, headache, migraine, Neurological problems, Heart blockage, depression, gastric problems.
- Practice under expert guidance. Pregnant women should practice Anulom Vilom but over straining should be avoided.
- Anulom vilom pranayama should be practiced on an empty stomach.
- It should be done in the morning or evening or both. If you don’t have time in the morning or evening, you can do it at your convenience.
- Make sure that you practice anulom vilom pranayama 4-5 hours after having your food.
View More Pranayamas – Breathing Exercises
You May Like to Read
1. Top Weight Loss Exercises and Diet Tips
2. Top Health Problems
3. Top Home Remedies
4. Top Health Tips
5. Yoga Poses