Bhujangasana is also famous as a cobra pose in yoga. Bhujangasana is an excellent exercise for those suffering from a stomach disorder, spinal cord problem, back pain, respiratory disorder and obesity (weight gain).
Steps for Bhujangasana (Cobra pose)
- Lie down on your stomach and feel relax.
- Stretch and joint the legs. So that knees of both the leg touches each other.
- Place the palm near the chest facing the ground. Keep in mind that elbow should be straight.
- Take a deep breath and lift your upper body like head, neck, shoulders, chest upwards as shown in the above image. In this position your all weights of the upper body will come on your hands and thighs.
- In bhujangasana your inhaling and exhaling plays an important role.
- So now try to move your head back as much as you can.
- Stretch as much as you can but don’t overdo or overstrain.
- Hold your breath for some time in this position.
- Now exhale slowly and bring your stomach, chest, shoulder and head to the ground.
- Repeat this cycle for 4-5 times daily.
Benefits of Bhujangasana (Cobra pose)
- It cures acidity, Indigestion and Constipation.
- Improves the function of liver, kidney, pancreas and gall bladder.
- It cures back pain, Spondylitis, Slip disc.
- It strengthens the arms and shoulders.
- Helps to lose weight.
- Helps to improve blood circulation.
- It expands chest.
- Effective in uterine disorder.
- Improves the function of reproductive organ.
- Brings flexibility in upper and middle back.
- Relax the body muscle and give strength to spinal cord.
- Releases stress and fatigue.
- Useful for those suffering from respiratory disorder such as asthma.
- Pregnant women, and those are suffering from ulcer, heart problem or any surgeries like spine brain or lungs should not do this asana.
- Avoid practicing during periods if you feel uncomfortable.
- Practice yogasana under expert guidance.
View More Yoga Poses
You may also like to read:
1. Diabetes Symptoms – How Yoga Control and Cure Diabetes?
2. Yoga for Kidney Failure – How Kapalbhati Pranayama Cures kidney?
3. Cure Heart Disease By Yoga Pranayama Exercises
4. Yoga and Pranayama for High Blood Pressure or Hypertension
5. Top Yoga Exercises For Weight Loss
6. Losing Belly Fat Fast By Kapalbhati Pranayama at Home
7. Cure Depression Stress And Anxiety By Yoga And Pranayama