Practicing chair pose means sitting on an imaginary chair. The final position of this yoga pose looks like sitting on a chair hence it is called as chair pose. Let’s see it’s benefits, steps, and precautions. This yoga pose is also known as Utkatasana yoga pose.
Sanskrit Name – Utkatasana
Utkata – Intense, powerful
Asana – Pose
Utkatasana, Chair Pose Steps
- Stand straight with an erect spine and your arms at your side.
- Keep some distance between your feet.
- Stretch your hands forward to keep them parallel to the ground. Hands should be straight and palms should be facing downward.
- Now bend your knees and bring your pelvis down like sitting on a chair.
- Try to brings your thighs parallel to the ground.
- Hold this position for one minute and keep breathing normally. Bring a smile on your face.
- Now release your pose to come to the starting position
- Repeat it for 3-4 times.
Utkatasana, Chair Pose Benefits
- Stretches your thighs, hips, hands and spine.
- Strengthens abdomen area.
- Strengthens thighs, knees, ankle, leg, hands, and torso.
- Improves balance of the body.
- Boosts immune system.
- Stimulates heart and diaphragm.
The pose should be avoided if you are suffering from
You May Like to Read