Chakrasana is the Sanskrit word. The final pose looks like the shape of wheel or chakra hence it is called as Chakra asana or wheel pose. Regular practice of chakra asana strengthens the spine, shoulder, abdomen area, back and also it is effective to cure thyroid problem.
Sanskrit Name – Chakrasana
Chakra – Wheel
Asana – Pose
Another Name – Urdva Dhanurasana ( Upward-Facing Bow Pose)
- Lie flat on your back like Shavasana on the ground.
- Bend your knees and bring your heels closer to touch your hips. Keep some distance between your feet.
- Now raise your hands and bring your palms under your shoulders.
- Now while inhaling press your palms and feet on the ground and lift your body up.
- Try to raise your hips as much you can.
- Hold this position for few seconds (according to your capacity) and keep breathing normally.
- Now release your pose slowly to come to the starting position
- Repeat once or twice.
Chakra Asana Benefits
- Strengthens your abdomen, spine, shoulders, hands and legs.
- Improves the function of the digestive and reproductive system.
- Effective to cure thyroid disorder
- Good for back pain.
- Stretches your chest and lungs
- Strengthens pancreas, liver, and kidney.
Chakra asana should be avoided if you are suffering from
You May Like to Read