In Sanskrit “Hala” means “Plough” and ‘asana‘ ‘means ‘pose‘. So it is known as Halasana (Plough pose). In this position body shows the shape of the Plough. This pose gives flexibility to spine as well as strengthens the back muscles. The steps and benefits of Halasana (Plow Pose) as follows.
- Lie on your back. Join the legs together. Relax the whole body (Shavasana position).
- Keep the palm flat on the ground. Keep breathing normally.
- While exhaling press the palm on ground and raise both the legs upwards straight then try to touch the ground just behind.
- Breathe slowly and hold the posture for several minutes (1-2 minutes).
- Now slowly release the pose to return to Shavasana.
- Repeat this for 3-5 times.
Note: For maximum benefits Practice Bhujangasana immediately after Halasana (Plow Pose)
Benefits of Halasana (Plow Pose)
- Improves digestion and appetite.
- Effective in Weight Loss.
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles.
- Beneficial for diabetic people. Those people should do this regularly.
- It helps to make spinal cord strong and flexible.
- Cures the symptoms of menopause.
- It helps to reduce stress.
- It normalizes blood-glucose level and stimulates the internal organs.
- It stimulates the reproductive organs.
- Those suffering from hernia, slipped disc, sciatica, arthritis of the neck, high blood pressure or any serious back problem, should not do practice halasana.
- Should practice under expert supervision. In days of periods women should not practice this asana.
- Pregnant women should not practice halasana.
View all yoga poses
You may like to read
1. Top 9 Quick Weight Loss Tips
2. Fastest Diet to Lose Weight and Yoga Tips
3. How Effective Is Walking to lose weight?
4. How to Lose Belly Fat Through Yoga Poses and Pranayama
5. Losing Belly Fat Fast By Kapalbhati Pranayama at Home
6. Best Way to Lose Belly Fat and Weight Naturally