‘Marjari‘ means ‘Cat’ and ‘asana’ means ‘pose’ so it is called Marjariasana (cat pose). From cat also we can learn the lesson in yoga. Marjari incorporate excellent stretch in yoga workout.
Step for Marjariasana – Cat Pose
- Build a pose like a cat as shown in the above picture.
- Arms should be perpendicular to the ground and hand should be flat to on a ground.
- Look straight.
- While inhaling raise your head back and push your navel downwards.
- Hold this cat position and take a deep breath.
- As you exhale curl your head inward and press the middle of your back towards the ceiling, rounding your spine upward.
- Hold this position for some seconds before you come to table like stage.
- Continue for 5 to 6 round.
Benefits of Marjariasana (Cat Pose)
- Give flexibility to the spine.
- Improve digestion.
- Improve your blood circulation.
- It relaxes the mind.
- Releases back pain.
- It tones the abdomen.
Please practice marjariasana in expert guidance or consult a doctor if you are suffering from any abdominal, back or neck problem.
You may also like to read:
- What are General Signs and Symptoms of Cancer?
- Diabetes Symptoms – How Yoga Control and Cure Diabetes?
- Yoga for Kidney Failure – How Kapalbhati Pranayama Cures kidney?
- Cure Heart Disease By Yoga Pranayama Exercises
- Yoga and Pranayama for High Blood Pressure or Hypertension
- Top Yoga Exercises For Weight Loss
- Losing Belly Fat Fast By Kapalbhati Pranayama at Home
- Cure Depression Stress And Anxiety By Yoga And Pranayama
- How Alzheimers Disease Can Be Treated by Yoga