What is Acidity?
Acidity is simply excess of acid in your stomach. As we know that this stomach acid helps to break down the food to digest. When this level of stomach acid gets increased it is called acidity. For reducing stomach acid naturally we should follow proper eating habits and improve our lifestyle.
What are Symptoms of Acidity?
- Burning sensation or pain in stomach
- Burning sensation in chest
- Sour taste in mouth or coming sour water in mouth
- Sour hiccups
- Burning sensation in sour
- Difficulty in breathing
- Feeling fullness in the stomach
- Stomach gas
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling bloated
What are Causes of Acidity?
- The root cause of acidity is bad eating habits and bad food choice.
- Wrong life style
- Stress, worry, tension and depression
- Drinking more tea or coffee
- Spicy and junk food
- Eating any time
- Eating more at a time
- Eating food which is not fresh and properly cooked
- Not taking enough sleep
- Smoking, alcohol and tobacco
- Obesity (Weight gain)
- Not chewing your food properly
- Fasting or skipping meals
Tips for Reducing Stomach Acid (Acidity)
- Drink 2 glasses of warm lemon water early in the morning on an empty stomach. It will help to clean your stomach, weight loss as well as your acidity.
- Avoid eating junk, spicy and oily food.
- Reduce stress, depression and tension by practicing simple yoga exercises. Stress and tension lead to increase acidity.
- Never skip your breakfast. Eat on time.
- Chew your food properly. It will help to digest your food properly, which reduces acidity.
- Eat more fiber food, vegetables and fruits.
- If possible, avoid eating toor dal. You can replace it with mung dal.
- Reduce drinking tea and coffee.
- Do not sleep immediately after having your lunch or dinner. Go for a walk.
- Do not drink more water during or immediately after lunch or dinner. It will dilute the digestive enzymes and it will take more time to digest your food. Drink one glass of water 1 hour before your lunch or dinner. When you will complete your lunch or dinner, wait for 40-60 minutes then drink water. It will help to digest your food properly. 8-10 glass of water is necessary. If possible drink warm water. It will help to digest food properly as well as to reduce belly fat.
- Remember if you eat spicy or non veg, must drink warm water. Warm water is always helpful in reducing stomach acid.
- Should go for walking, and yoga exercise like.
- Kapalabhati Pranayama
- Ushtra Asana
- Bhastrika Pranayama
- Anulom Vilom
- Do not stay hungry for long time. Eat 4-5 times, but less food.
- Avoid chocolate, tomato.
- For reducing stomach acid, drink cold cow milk before going to bed.
- Sucking ginger is also helpful to reduce stomach acid
- Eat more fruits if possible. Specially guava helps to reduce stomach acid and improve digestion process.
Note– Do not ignore your acidity problem. It may lead to stomach ulcer, and other health problems. Always consult your doctor first to avoid other serious complications.