During monsoon season due to weak immune system, the chances of suffering from a cough, cold, flu, malaria, dengue, typhoid, pneumonia, jaundice, diarrhea and viral fever increases. Hence those who are always suffering from these disease should take care during monsoon season as follows to avoid infections.
Tips to Care During Monsoon Season
- A mixture of one tea spoon of honey and lemon juice in warm water should be taken once in a day. It helps to relieve a cough during monsoon season.
- Boil some ginger in a water and add some honey and lemon juice. Drink this warm mixture like a tea. It is very helpful to relieve a cough and cold.
- Eat some raw garlic which is effective to cure cold and flu due to its antibacterial property.
- Practice Bhastrika pranayama daily to boost your immune system. It will help you to protect you from cough, cold, flu and other viral infections.
- In monsoon season our digestion process is significantly slow. Hence do not eat more at a time or if you are not hungry. It may lead to indigestion.
- If possible do not eat roadside food or unhygienic food. It may lead to illness and jaundice. So eat fresh and cooked food.
- If possible stay away from mosquitoes bites. Use mosquito nets or cream to protect from mosquitoes.
- Keep your shoes, towel, socks, raincoats dry to avoid fungal infections during monsoon season.
- If you are sweating, wait for 10-15 minutes then take a bath. Even you do not go immediately in the AC room when you come back to home if you are sweating. This may lead to a cough and cold. Hence avoid sudden temperature change.
- Drink boiled water and eat fresh food during monsoon season.
[ Do Not Miss – Top 10 Home Remedies for Flu ]