Difference between diabetes and hypoglycemia
In diabetes the level of blood sugar is too high. Diabetes is a disease where the body does not produce enough insulin. Due to insufficiency of insulin it is difficult to absorb glucose from the blood and enter into the body cells. In result the excess of glucose (high sugar) builds up in blood. It causes damaging nerves, kidney and eyes.
Read more – Hyperglycemia, Types, Symptoms and Yoga Treatment and Diabetes Symptom – How Yoga Control and Cure Diabetes?
In hypoglycemia the level of blood sugar is too low. The low blood sugar can be seen in non diabetic patient but it is a rare condition. Mostly seen in diabetic patients. Daily use of insulin and medicines it causes hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Level below – 70 mg/dl is known as hypoglycemia.
Read more – Best Way of Treating Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Sugar) and Low Blood Sugar Symptoms (Hypoglycemia) and Causes
Blood sugar (Glucose)
For proper body function the glucose is the main source of energy. Whatever we eat our body convert it into glucose. Insulin helps to enter this glucose into body cells to give energy. If glucose levels is sufficient then body works more efficiently.
- 70 – 90 mg/dl – Normal glucose level
- 100 – 125 mg/dL – Pre-diabetes ( close to diabetes)
Higher than 125 mg/dL – Diabetes
- Level below – 70 mg/dl is known as hypoglycemia
Symptoms of diabetes
- Frequent urination especially at night
- Feeling very thirsty
- Feeling very hungry even after eating
- Extreme fatigue – tiredness.
- Blurry vision – Poor eyesight
- Sores that won’t heal
Read more – Symptoms of hyperglycemia (high blood sugar)
Symptoms of hypoglycemia
- Fast heartbeat
- Blurry vision
- Skin may turn cold and clammy
- Sudden changes in mood
- Headache and dizziness
- Abnormal behavior
Read more – Symptoms and treating hypoglycemia
You may also like to read:
- Yoga For Diabetes Patient
- Diabetes Symptoms – How Yoga Control and Cure Diabetes?
- Hyperglycemia, Types, Symptoms and Yoga Treatment
- Low Blood Sugar Symptoms (Hypoglycemia) and Causes
- Best Way of Treating Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Sugar)