Sanskrit word Bhastrika means bellows. This breathing exercise resembles the blowing of bellows. Bhastrika is the excellent breathing exercise which we can practice slowly or fast as per our convenience. A person who is suffering from a Heart problem and Lung problems should practice slowly or slowly increase the speed of breathing.
Bhastrika Pranayama should practice normally 3-5 minutes twice a day in the fresh air. In this pranayama, the body gets the maximum amount of oxygen due to complete inhaling and exhaling breathing.
Steps for Bhastrika Pranayama
- Sit comfortably on the flat ground. Those who can’t sit on the ground can sit on a chair because this pranayama is related to the breath.
- Take a deep breath through both nostrils and fill the lungs with air and then exhale with a hissing sound.
- Inhale deeply and exhale completely.
- Do this for 2 min to 5 minutes max and see the result in a few days.
Benefits of Bhastrika Pranayama
- It improves blood circulation.
- Keep away the heart-related problems.
- Provide relaxation for body and mind.
- Improves your concentration.
- Helps to stronger the lungs.
- Relive stress depression and hypertension.
- Cures obesity and arthritis.
- Calms the mind.
- Cures throat infection.
- Increases appetite.
- Cure asthma, headache, migraine, neurological problems, depression, gastric problems.
- We can do this pranayama by slowly, medium and fast way. Those suffering from lungs and heart problems and high blood pressure can perform slowly. Practice under expert guidance.
- Bhastrika basically generates heat in the body hence it is one of the effective breathing exercises for those people who have Kapha body type. Those people who are suffering from an increase in heat in the body should avoid or decrease the duration of doing Bhastrika.
- Keep in mind high blood pressure patients should exhale through the mouth instead of the nose. It will keep you away from taking BP control medicines forever. Yes, try it daily and check your BP after 7 days.
View Main Seven Pranayama
You May Like to Read
5. Yoga Poses
Do Not Miss
- Diabetes Symptoms – How Yoga Control and Cure Diabetes?
- Yoga for Kidney Failure – How Kapalbhati Pranayama Cures kidney?
- Cure Heart Disease By Yoga Pranayama Exercises
- Yoga and Pranayama for High Blood Pressure or Hypertension
- Top Yoga Exercises For Weight Loss
- Losing Belly Fat Fast By Kapalbhati Pranayama at Home
- Cure Depression Stress And Anxiety By Yoga And Pranayama