Regular practice of Makarasana Yoga pose strengthens and relaxes your whole body. Makarasana yoga pose reduces stress and back pain. Let’s check Makarasana Crocodile Pose benefits and steps one by one.
Makarasana is the Sanskrit word. The final pose looks like the shape of resting crocodile hence it is called as Makarasana or Crocodile Pose.
Makarasana – Sanskrit word
Makar – Crocodile
Asana – Pose
English Name – Crocodile Pose
Crocodile Pose (Makarasana) Steps
- Lie down on your stomach on the floor.
- Place your forehead on your folded hands.
- Now while inhaling raise your head and shoulders. Place your chin in your palms as shown in above image.
- Hold this position for few (3-5) minutes and breathe normally. Also, you can fold your one leg at a time and then fold both the legs. Means keep folding and releasing legs.
- Now while exhaling return to the starting position.
Crocodile Pose Benefits
- Relaxes your whole body.
- Strengthens your arms, shoulder, and chest.
- Beneficial for a spine problem.
- Prevents knee and back pain.
- Releases stress, tension and depression.
- Helps to cure asthma
- Beneficial in the treatment of high blood pressure, heart disease, and mental disorders.
Crocodile Pose (Makarasana) Precautions
- Those who are suffering from serious knee and back injury should not practice.
- You can keep the folded blanket around the neck if you are suffering from a neck injury.