‘Marjari‘ means ‘Cat’ and ‘asana’ means ‘pose’ so it is called Marjariasana (cat pose). Marjari incorporates excellent stretch into a yoga workout. Let’s check it’s steps and benefits one by one.
Step for Marjariasana – Cat Pose
- Build a pose like a cat as shown in the above picture.
- Arms should be perpendicular to the ground and hand should be flat on a ground.
- Look straight.
- While inhaling raise your head back and push your navel downwards.
- Hold this cat position and take a deep breath.
- As you exhale curl your head inward and press the middle of your back towards the ceiling, rounding your spine upward.
- Hold this position for some seconds before you come to table like a stage.
- Continue for 5 to 6 round.
Benefits of Marjariasana (Cat Pose)
- Give flexibility to the spine.
- Improve digestion.
- Improve your blood circulation.
- It relaxes the mind.
- Releases back pain.
- It tones the abdomen.
Please practice Marjariasana in expert guidance or consult a doctor if you are suffering from any abdominal, back or neck problem.
You may also like to read:
- What are General Signs and Symptoms of Cancer?
- Diabetes Symptoms – How Yoga Control and Cure Diabetes?
- Yoga for Kidney Failure – How Kapalbhati Pranayama Cures kidney?
- Cure Heart Disease By Yoga Pranayama Exercises
- Yoga and Pranayama for High Blood Pressure or Hypertension
- Top Yoga Exercises For Weight Loss
- Losing Belly Fat Fast By Kapalbhati Pranayama at Home
- Cure Depression Stress And Anxiety By Yoga And Pranayama
- How Alzheimers Disease Can Be Treated by Yoga