During monsoon season due to a weak immune system, the chances of suffering from a cough, cold, flu, malaria, dengue, typhoid, pneumonia, jaundice, diarrhea, and viral fever increases. Hence those who are always suffering from these diseases should take care during monsoon season as follows to avoid infections.
Tips to Care During Monsoon Season
- A mixture of one teaspoon of honey and lemon juice in warm water should be taken once in a day. It helps to relieve a cough during monsoon season.
- Boil some ginger in a water and add some honey and lemon juice. Drink this warm mixture like a tea. It is very helpful to relieve a cough and cold.
- Eat some raw garlic which is effective to cure a cold and flu due to its antibacterial property.
- Practice Bhastrika pranayama daily to boost your immune system. It will help you to protect you from a cough, cold, flu, and other viral infections.
- In monsoon season our digestion process is significantly slower. Hence do not eat more at a time or if you are not hungry. It may lead to indigestion.
- If possible do not eat roadside food or unhygienic food. It may lead to illness and jaundice. So eat fresh and cooked food.
- If possible stay away from mosquitoes bites. Use mosquito nets or cream to protect from mosquitoes.
- Keep your shoes, towel, socks, raincoats dry to avoid fungal infections during monsoon season.
- If you are sweating, wait for 10-15 minutes then take a bath. Even you do not go immediately in the AC room when you come back to home if you are sweating. This may lead to a cough and cold. Hence avoid sudden temperature change.
- Drink boiled water and eat fresh food during monsoon season.
[ Do Not Miss – Top 10 Home Remedies for Flu ]