Amla Fruit is also known as Indian gooseberry which is an effective home remedy to treat many diseases. Amla powder, Amla juice or raw Amla gives outstanding benefits in the treatment of hair fall, weight loss, heart disease, bone disease, indigestion and so many health problems. In this article, we will see the health benefits of Amla and its medicinal properties.
You might have read about health benefits of Triphala Powder which is one of the best home remedies to treat Vata, Pitta and Cough dosha of the body. Triphala is made up of three fruits Harad, Baheda, and Amla.
Amla Fruit Properties
good source of Vitamin C, antioxidant, Protein, Carbohydrates, Sodium, Dietary Fiber, Iron, Carotene, Phosphorus, and vitamin B complex. The important thing is that Amla is cooling in nature. The best time of eating amala is Summer. But it depends on person to person. Hence consult your doctor and have it.
How to Prepare Amla Powder?
In the market, it is easily available or you can prepare it at home also. For this first, take dried amla pieces and grind it. That’s it.
Health Benefits of Amla Powder
1. Amla for Hair
As we know that Amla is a good source of antioxidants, iron, carotene, and vitamin c which is effective to prevent hair fall, hair damage, and baldness. It strengthens roots of the hair and promotes hair growth.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Amla powder in a cup of water and make a thick paste. Apply it on your scalp and massage gently.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Amla powder + 250 ml of a loose coconut oil + 2 hibiscus leaves + 2 basil leaves + 1 tablespoon of Brahmi powder + 20 grams of Honey Beeswax. Boil the mixture on low flame until it becomes green. The oil will be thick and green in color. Apply it on your scalp daily for 15 days and see there will be no hair fall. ( Heat the mixture to make it liquid before applying on your scalp). Ref Dr. Todkar.
2. Slows Down Aging
Amla is a good source of Vitamin-C and antioxidants which is effective to reduce cell damage, protect our body from the action of free radicals and slows down the aging process.
3. Best to Prevent Heart Disease
Amla is one of the best fruit to reduce bad cholesterol and maintain good cholesterol. Amla is effective to reduce clogging in the arteries and strengthens heart muscles which help in preventing heart disease.
4. Good for Digestion
Amla is a good source of fibers which is extremely important for an easy bowel movement. Also, it is effective to secrete gastric and digestive juices. Another important thing about Amla is that it prevents gastrointestinal disorders and colon cancer. Hence eating one amla or one teaspoon of Amla powder is important for your healthy stomach.
5. Amla for Eyesight
Amla is a rich source of Antioxidants and Vitamin C. Including Amla in your diet found to be effective to improve eyesight. Hence drinking amla juice or powder is beneficial.
6. Improves Appetite
If you will have amla juice or powder with honey before a meal it will improve your Appetite. It improves the function of your digestive system.
Hence Amla is a tonic for you and you should start to keep yourself fit and fine.
- Always consult your doctor before having amla. Because only eating amla is not suitable for those who have a Cough or Vata Dosha. They should consult a doctor then have it in the combination with jaggery or ghee.
- Daily 1-2 raw amla is recommended.
- 10 -15 ml amla juice is recommended with an equal amount of water.
- Amla is cooling in nature hence it should be taken with warm water.