Constipation is the sign of the poor digestive system. The colon absorbs more amount of water from food so that the person finds difficult to expel (drive out) stool on a daily basis. In this situation, the food moves slowly through colons. So more water the colon will absorb from food. In result, a person suffers from the hard and dry stool. It is very painful to empty the stomach. In case of constipation, the gas problem is also more common.
Constipation symptoms and indigestion
- Pain and Fullness in the upper part of body like chest pain
- Poor appetite
- Feeling weak
- Gas problem
- Bloating in the stomach
- Burning in the stomach
- Coated tongue
- Acidic taste
- Mouth ulcer
- Bowel movements problem
- Difficult to pass stools due to hardness
- Bad breath
- Dark eye circles
Causes of constipation and indigestion?
Constipation occurs when our colon absorbs more amount of water from a stool. The muscles of the colon act very poorly so that the stool finds difficult to move ahead and loses more water. Below are the causes of constipation and indigestion.
- Tensions (Worries)
- Busy lifestyle
- Eating healthy and fast.
- Lack of fiber food.
- Drinking alcohol
- Lack of exercise. Physically inactive.
- Ulcers 10. Sometimes dairy products also responsible for constipation and indigestion.
- Acid reflux
- Stomach cancer (rare)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Low fiber diet
- Not drinking enough water.
- Weak abdominal muscles
- Stomach infections
- Colon cancer
Reduce constipation symptoms by yoga poses
Kapalbhati pranayama, Vajrasana, bhujangasana, dhanurasana, pavanamuktasana and suryanamaskara yoga poses are excellent to reduce constipation symptoms and relieve constipation. Yoga exercises cure heartburn, acid reflux, stomach acid problem and ulcerative colitis constipation easily.
Those having constipation should avoid taking the tablets on a daily basis to empty the stomach. Dear friends this habit is very dangerous for your intestine. The intestine will become weaker and will find unable to empty the stomach naturally.
Benefits Yoga poses (exercises)
- Cures constipation and indigestion
- Strengthens the stomach and abdominal muscles.
- Daily practicing yoga helps to become more active throughout the day.
- Helps to improve metabolism.
- It releases gases from the stomach
- Overall good for digestive system.
Home remedies to reduce constipation symptoms
- Top Health Benefits of Drinking Hot Lemon Water Every Morning
- What Are the Benefits of Drinking Hot Honey and Lemon Water?
Related articles: How to Keep Your Digestive System Healthy and Clean With Yoga?