Vakrasana is the Sanskrit word. “Vakra” means to Twist and “Asana” means Pose hence it is called a seated twist yoga pose. Regular practice of Vakrasana, twisted yoga pose is effective in the treatment of indigestion, diabetes, menstrual disorders, back pain and obesity. Let’s check Vakrasana benefits, steps and precautions one by one.
- Beneficial in back pain.
- Brings flexibility in the spine.
- Burns belly fat.
- Strengthens the spine and back.
- Massages and stimulates abdomen organs.
- Cures problems related indigestion and constipation.
- Improves the function of liver, pancreas, and kidneys.
- Relieves stiffness.
- Good for diabetes patient.
- Beneficial in the treatment of urinary tract disorders and menstrual disorders.
Seated Twist Yoga Pose Steps
- First, sit on the ground with an erect spine.
- Stretch your both legs in front of you.
- Now fold your right leg and keep the right foot beside the left knee. If possible you can keep it behind the left leg as shown in above image.
- After this turn your upper body to the right.
- Hold your left knee with the left hand.
- Keep your right hand behind the back and keep the palms on the floor.
- Look right as much as you can.
- Hold this position for few secs or as per your stamina.
- Now release the pose and repeat the same with the folding left leg.
- Repeat this for 2-3 times.
- Those who are suffering from a neck injury, spine problem, ulcer and heart disease should not practice.
- Women should not practice during periods and pregnancy.