Treating the flu as follows:
- Separate the sick person from other people in the home.
- Should take plenty of rest.
- Drinking tea with honey and lemon is good for treating the flu (influenza). It is good to reduce symptoms of the flu.
- Drinking more fluids like water, electrolyte and orange juice, hot soup to prevent dehydration.
- Keep your nose clean if it is full of mucus. Blow it as often as it clogs to inhale easily.
- Keep hot cloth on the nose and forehead if possible. It helps loosen the mucus.
- Hot chicken soup is a good home remedy for treating the flu. It is know ans fast flu relief.
- Place a cool wash cloth on the forehead to reduce fever.
- Use heating pad to reduce pain on chest, back and wherever you feel pain.
- Use natural home remedies for treating the flu.
- You can take fever reducers such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen for treating the flu. Should not take more than recommended dosage. It is good to consult a doctor before giving to children.
- Sometimes it is good to go for a walk. It releases heat in the form of sweating and gives total refreshment.
- Warm bath is an easy way to reduce fever. It will help you to relax and feel fresh. But the water should neither too hot nor too cold. Too hot water bath will make the fever worse and too cold water bath cause your body temperature to rise further.
- Relieve a sore throat by gargling warm salt water. You can add baking soda in warm water. It will help you to fight infection.It is good to go to the doctor if your fever is more than 102 degrees Fahrenheit. In the case of small children if the doctor is available then should take doctor’s advice first. Because small children’s are more sensitive to the effects of fevers than adult bodies.
- If the fever lasts more than 2 to 3 days then go to the doctor. Do not try to treat yourself at home. You should go for blood test to find the reason behind suffering from flu.
- Top 10 Home Remedies for Flu (Influenza)
Related topics: Home-remedies