The Sanskrit word ‘shava‘ means ‘corpse‘. This pose looks like sleeping pose. It is very simple and everyone can do this asana. But friends this pose needs lots of concentration. You have to concentrate on each part of the body.
Beneficial for improving concentration, curing insomnia, calming mind, releasing stress, fatigue and depression.
Steps for Shavasana – Corpse Pose
- Lie flat on your back, like our sleeping pose. Legs should be separated.
- Keep your arms at your side and your palms facing up. Just relax.
- Close your eyes and breathe deeply and slowly through the nostrils.
- Start concentrating from your head to your feet. This means you are consciously relaxing your each part of the body. Don’t move ahead without relaxing particular part of the body.
- On each inhaling and exhaling (breathing) think that your body is totally relaxed. Let your tension, stress, depression and worry run away on each exhaling.
- Those having good concentrations can practice for a long time and others can practice for 3-5 minutes.
Benefits of Shavasana – Corpse Pose
- It relaxes your whole body.
- Releases stress, fatigue, depression and tension.
- Improves concentration.
- Cures insomnia.
- Relaxes your muscles.
- Calms the mind and improves mental health.
- Excellent asana for stimulating blood circulation.
- Beneficial for those suffering from neurological problem, asthma, constipation, diabetes, indigestion.
- While practicing shavasana, if you feel drowsy or sleepy you can breathe a bit faster and deeper.
- Always start shavasana before practicing other yogasana and after ending yogasana.
- Those finding difficult to practice in the morning or evening can practice while sleeping at night.
- Concentration is important.
You may also like to read:
- Diabetes Symptoms – How Yoga Control and Cure Diabetes?
- Yoga for Kidney Failure – How Kapalbhati Pranayama Cures kidney?
- Cure Heart Disease By Yoga Pranayama Exercises
- Yoga and Pranayama for High Blood Pressure or Hypertension
- Top Yoga Exercises For Weight Loss
- Losing Belly Fat Fast By Kapalbhati Pranayama at Home
- Cure Depression Stress And Anxiety By Yoga And Pranayama
- How Can I Solve Irregular Period Problem by Yoga Poses?