Instead of using chemical products try natural remedies to treat acne and pimples. Yes, These remedies are easily available and do not have any side effect. Let’s check the list of best home remedies for acne and pimples one by one.
List of Home Remedies for Acne
1. Use Lukewarm Water
To clean your face, use lukewarm water to wash it. Warm water will open the pores of the skin and remove the dust and bacteria in the skin. Wash your face 2-3 times a day. Use a clean and soft towel to dry your face but do not rub. Rubbing may irritate your skin and spread dust and bacteria on the skin.
2. Lemon Juice
One of the popular home remedies for acne is lemon juice. Lemon juice is a natural disinfectant and antibacterial which is effective to kill bacteria, improve blood circulation and provide essential nutrients.
Use a cotton ball to apply lemon juice on your acne area on the face. Keep it as it is for 30 minutes. Then wash it with lukewarm water. Also, you can rub the slices of lemon directly on your affected area. Apply it 2-3 times a day.
3. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is also natural antiseptic and disinfectant. It is effective to clean bacteria and dust. Apply few drops of tea tree oil on acne area directly.
But before applying on your face try it on your arm or leg. If you see rashes after few hours then do not apply it on your face. It is just to check skin sensitivity or allergy to the tea tree oil.
4. Tooth Paste
One of the easiest home remedies for acne is toothpaste which is easily available. Before going to bed apply a small amount of white paste on your area of acne and wash it in the morning. Toothpaste is effective to reduce swelling and make it dry. Apply it for 2-3 days and see the results.
5. Multani Mitti
It is an ancient best home remedy for glowing face, pimples and acne. Applying Multani Mitti on a face absorbs oil and impurities of the skin which leads to glowing face. It is one of the best home remedies to improve complexion.
- Add equal proportion of water and Multani Mitti to make a thick paste.
- Apply on your face and wash it after it becomes dry.
- You can add rose water and sandalwood powder also in it.
6. Baking Soda
To reduce acne and pimples, baking soda plays an important role because it has good antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Applying baking soda on the affected area of acne removes impurities, dead skin, and bacteria from the skin pores. Also balances the PH of the skin hence baking soda is one of best home remedies for acne and pimples.
- Add some water in 2 teaspoons of baking soda and make a thick paste. Apply to the affected area and wash it after few minutes.
- Also, you can add cinnamon powder, honey and half lemon juice in it.
Applying Oatmeal twice a week is effective to absorb oil and clean the skin pores of the face.
- Add one teaspoon of honey and lemon in a cup of oatmeal to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected area and wash it with lukewarm water after 30 minutes.
8. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera gel is one of the best home remedies for acne and pimples. Also, it fights inflammation, heals wounds, fights infection and treats burns. salicylic acid and sulfur in aloe vera gel are effective to reduce acne naturally.
Aloe vera gel is easily available in the market or you can get it if you cut a leaf of aloe vera plant to get the pure gel. Apply aloe vera gel directly to the affected area of acne and wash it after few minutes with lukewarm water.
9. Oranges Peel
Orange peel is a good source of Vitamin C and acidic property which is one of the best home remedies for acne.
- You can apply orange peel directly on the affected area of acne or pimples. Rub gently for few minutes then wash your face.
- Or squeeze the orange peel directly on the face. The fluid which comes out of the peel is effective to treat acne.
- Or keep the orange peel in the sunlight to make it dry. Grind it to make into powder and add some water to make a paste. Apply the paste for few minutes then wash it.
Another best homemade remedies for acne is yogurt which is effective to clean the skin pores, absorb oil and exfoliate the skin.
- Apply a tablespoon of plain yogurt directly on your face and keep it as it is.
- Wash it after 15 minutes with normal or cold water.
- Repeat it daily
Hey friends, hope you found this article interesting. If you want to share more tips on best home remedies for acne and pimples then do not forget to comment below.