As we read in our previous article that high blood pressure or hypertension is a condition in which force of the blood in the arteries is high. This high blood pressure can cause, stroke, heart attack and blockages in arteries.
Usually there are no signs and symptoms of hypertension or high blood pressure. So it is called as silent killer. People who are suffering from high blood pressure don’t know it until it is checked.
Uncontrolled high blood pressure increases the risk of health problems like heart attack and stroke without showing any symptoms.
Symptoms of Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
In some cases of person having high blood pressure may experience symptoms like,
- Blurry vision
- Nausea, vomiting
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Blood in the urine
Hypertension may lead to serious health problems like
- Heart attack
- Kidney problems – Narrowing blood vessels in kidneys
- Damaging eyes – May torn blood vessel in eyes
- May affect ability to think or remember.
- Trouble with memory
Causes of Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- High amount of salt in food.
- No exercise.
- Weight gain.
How to control and prevent hypertension (High blood pressure)
Regular practice of yoga poses and pranayama cures high blood pressure effectively. Below seven pranayama plays and important role to control and prevent hypertension.
- Bhastrika Pranayama
- Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Bahya pranayama
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama and Nadi Shodhan
- Bharmari Pranayama
- Udggeth Pranayama
- Pranav Pranayama
Tips to prevent reduce symptoms of hypertension
- Eat one onion in a day. It is excellent high blood pressure reducer.
- Avoid alcohol
- Daily practice of pranayama
- Eat less salt.
- Control your anger if possible
You may like to read
- What is blood pressure?
- Cause of low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Benefits of yoga for controlling high blood pressure
- Yoga Tips for managing and controlling blood Pressure
- Yoga and Pranayama for High Blood Pressure or Hypertension