The date is one of the sweetest fruits of date palm tree. Dates can be eaten fresh as well as dry. There are plenty of good reasons of eating dates, whether you eat it as dry or fresh. So let’s see what are the health benefits of dates?
Nutritional Value of Dates
Dates are full of dietary fiber, proteins, carbohydrates, vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, A1 and C. Also dates are a rich source of calcium, magnesium, manganese, copper.
How Many Calories in One Date?
One fresh date contains approximately 20 calories. 6.23g of Carbs, 0.2 g protein, 0.03g fat, 0.7 g fiber.
What Are the Health Benefits of Dates?
1. Dates are free from cholesterol. It is antioxidants and contains low fat.
2. Good for strengthening bones and muscles.
3. Good source of calcium, manganese, copper, and magnesium, which is important for bones, teeth, muscles etc.
4. Good source of soluble and insoluble fibers and it helps to improve digestion.
5. Date are natural energy booster contains glucose, sucrose and fructose which is one of the important benefits of eating dates.
6. It is is a good source of potassium. It improves and regulate the nervous system.
7. Reduces heart stroke or attack.
8. Improves health of your heart. Soak dates in water for the night and consume both it in the morning.
9. It is full of iron and useful to cure anemia. Anemia patient should eat dates regularly.
10. Cures indigestion and constipation. It improves the overall digestive system.
11. Eating date daily is a useful tonic to build sexual stamina and cure sexual weakness which is one of the important health benefits of dates. Soak a few dates in milk overnight, add honey and cardamom powder. Chew those dates and drink milk in the morning.
12. Excellent for gaining weight if you consume it with milk and banana.
13. Cures night blindness and improves eyesight.
14. The study says that dates are useful to cure abdominal cancer due to its important minerals.
15. It is used to prevent severe hangovers if you have consumed alcohol.
16. Vitamin B5 repairs damaged skin cells. Excellent for skin health.
17. Consuming dates regularly nourishes hair and its roots. Stop hair falls and make it stronger.
18. Dates are good for you to improve brain health.
19. Prevent colon cancer and improve function of the intestine.
20. Dates are helpful to reduce high blood sugar level.
- What Are the Benefits of Drinking Hot Honey and Lemon Water?
- Baking Soda ( Sodium Bicarbonate), Amazing Uses and Benefits
- Cow Ghee Health Benefits and Uses
- Top Health Benefits Of Turmeric Milk For Health And Beauty
- More home remedies