Janu – Knee,
Sirs – Head
Asana – Pose
English name– Head to Knee Pose
Janu Sirsasana Steps
- Sit on the floor with an erect spine.
- Stretch your right leg in front of you.
- Fold your left leg and try to place your sole of left leg on the inner part of the right thigh.
- Now inhale and raise your both the hands.
- While exhaling bend forward to place your head on right knee.
- If possible try to hold your toe of right leg with the both hands.
- Hold this position for few seconds and keep breathing deeply.
- Now while inhaling come up, raise your hands and while exhaling bring the arms down to the sides.
- Repeat this with stretching left leg.
Janu Sirsasana Benefits
- Increase flexibility in your spine, abdomen and back muscles.
- Relieves menstrual discomfort.
- Calms your mind and body.
- Releases stress and depression.
- Improve the function of the intestine. Boosts digestion.
- Improves the function of kidneys and liver.
- Stretches your back and legs.
- Strengthens stomach muscles and lose belly fat.
- Improves the function of the reproductive system.
Janu Sirsasana Precautions
Avoid doing Head to Knee pose if you are suffering from