Markatasana is also known as monkey yoga pose. It is most popular spinal twist yoga pose which brings flexibility in your spine and relieves pain in lower back. Let’s check it’s steps and benefits one by one.
- Lie down straight on your back.
- Spread both hands at the level of your shoulders and keep palms open.
- Now fold your right leg and while breathing in (inhaling) turn to the left side as much as you can.
- Turn your neck to the right side and hold this position for few seconds.
- Now while exhaling (Breathing out) come to the starting position.
- Now Keep your right leg straight and fold your left leg.
- While inhaling turn your left knee to the right side as much as you can and turn your neck to the left side.
- Hold this position for few seconds and while exhaling come back to the starting position.
- Repeat this cycle for 10-20 times.
Note – You can do this asana by folding both legs also.
- It is an excellent yoga pose to cure back pain.
- Brings flexibility in the spine.
- It is an effective yoga pose to prevent constipation and indigestion.
- Improves memory and calms your body.
- Beneficial in diabetes.
- Those who are suffering from severe back pain should not practice.
- Hernia patient also should not practice.