Are you suffering from back pain, upper back pain, or lower back pain? Then first we have to understand the reasons behind your back pain.
Causes of back pain,
- Sitting in wrong direction
- Sitting for a long time
- Suffering from an injury
- Sleeping wrong way
- Not doing exercise
We can easily get rid of those things by doing some simple and best yoga poses
Yoga Poses for Back Pain
1. Balasana (Child pose) for lower back pain
The benefits of child’s pose
- Stretches the spine and overall back area
- Releases lower back pain
- Releases stress and anxiety
- Releases tension in back muscles
Child pose is easy to practice. Sit in the position of Vajrasana. While exhaling bend your upper body to touch your head to the ground. Stretch your hand in the forward direction as shown in the above image. This is also one of the most effective exercises in all Yoga Poses for Back Pain.
2. Marjariasana – cat pose benefits
Benefits of Marjarisana Yoga Pose in Back Pain
- Give flexibility to the spine
- Ease back pain
- Tone the abdominal muscles
- Prevent back pain
Steps for Marjarisana Yoga Pose
While inhaling raise your head back and push your navel downwards. Hold this position for some time. Now As you exhale curl your head inward and press the middle of your back towards the ceiling, raise your spine upward.
3. Bhujangasana (Cobra pose) for lower back pain
Benefits of cobra pose for lower back pain
- Cures back pain, Spondylitis, Slip disc
- Increase flexibility in this area
- Strengthens back muscles and spine
- Relieves sciatica
Steps for Bhujansana (Cobra pose)
Lie down on your stomach. Take a deep breath and raise your upper body with the help of your hands. Hold this position for some time. Now exhale slowly and bring your stomach, chest, and head to the starting position. It is one of the most recommended asanas in all yoga poses for back pain.
4. Dhanurasana – Bow Pose Yoga Benefits
Benefits of Dhanurasana (Bow pose)
- Gives a good massage to the abdomen area
- Stimulates reproductive system
- Cures constipation and indigestion
- Effective in weight loss
- Reduces belly fat.
Steps for dhanurasana
Lie on your stomach. Inhale slowly and bend yourself in a backward direction to catch your ankles with both hands. Hold this position for some time. Now while exhaling release your ankles and come to the starting position.
You may like to read – Back Exercises of Yoga to Relieve Lower Back Pain