Hastapadasana is the basic yoga pose which is very effective to cure constipation, hair loss, back pain and also beneficial to increase height. In Sanskrit language, hasta means – “hand“, pada means – “foot” and asana means “pose“. Hastapadasana is also known as standing forward bend pose, foot to hand forward bend posture.
Standing Forward Bend Yoga Steps (Hastapadasana)
- Stand straight with an erect spine.
- Both the legs should touch each other.
- Now take a deep breath (inhale) and bring your both the hand above your head. Hands should be straight.
- Now while breathing out (exhaling ), bend forward from your waist and try to touch your feet with both the hands.
- Do not bend your knees. Your head should be in contact with the knees.
- Hold this position for few seconds and breathe normally.
- Now while inhaling come back to starting position.
- Repeat this for few times.
Hastapadasana, Forward Bend Yoga Pose Benefits
- Effective to increase height.
- Reduce belly fat and gives flat stomach.
- Cures stomach disorder like constipation.
- Strengthens the spine and brings flexibility.
- Stop hair loss problems.
- Increase blood circulation in the brain.
- Beneficial to reduce menstrual problems.
- Stimulates nervous system.
- Improves body posture.
Precautions for Hastapadasana
- Those who are suffering from high blood pressure, spine problem, hernia, ulcer, the cardiac problem should not practice Hastapadasana ( Standing Forward Bend Pose).
Do Not Miss Most Popular – Kapalbhati Pranayama