Skip to content
Benefits of Yoga Exercises for Pregnant Women
- Yoga exercise improves the blood circulation.
- It brings flexibility in the abdominal organs.
- Releases tension and anxiety.
- Cure Insomnia (Sleeping disorder).
- Keep body healthy and active.
- Very effective in smooth and easy delivery.
- Cure constipation problem.
- Maintain blood pressure.
- Strengthens the muscles.
- Calms the mind.
- Stay more active during pregnancy. Don’t avoid walking and your daily routine.
- Daily 30-40 minutes walking is very necessary during pregnancy.
- Avoid exercising in hot weather.
- In pregnancy, you can start swimming under expert guidance.
- Avoid exercises which cause pressure on the abdomen.
- Standing yoga poses are mostly advised to pregnant women. It strengthens the legs, enhance blood circulation, generate energy, and may reduce leg cramps.
Rules to Follow When Practicing Yoga
- Drink more water to decrease the body temperature which is harmful to your baby. So you should take frequent water breaks.
- Eat healthy food.
- Practice under expert guidance.
- You should not practice asana that is harmful to you and your child.
- Stop those poses which require good balance. Try to avoid twisting and turning of the abdomen.
- Consult your doctor before beginning any kind of exercise.
- Pregnant women should focus on more Breathing and Meditation.
- Walking for 30-40 minutes daily is important to become more active.
- During pregnancy, walking is also the best exercise which controls the problem like high blood pressure, constipation.
Exercises for Pregnant Women are Follows
- Gentle Butterfly (Baddha Konasana)
- Balasana (Child Pose)
- Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
- Veerbhadrasana (Warrior Pose)
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama
- Bhramari pranayama
- Marjariasana – Cat Pose
- Pregnant women should practice yoga exercise under expert guidance and consult a doctor before practicing any exercise.
- Should not over exhaust while practicing any exercise.