Half Plough Pose is similar to Uttanapadasana. Beneficial for building six pack abs as well as curing stomach disorder.
‘Ardha‘ means ‘half‘ and ‘Hala‘ means ‘Plough‘ so this pose is called as Ardhahalasana (Half Plogh Pose).
Steps for Ardha Halasana (Half Plough Pose)
- In Ardha Halasana (Half Plogh Pose) you can raise your one leg at a time or both legs perpendicular to the ground.
- While lying on yoga mat just relax for a few seconds then inhale slowly to raise your both legs upwards as shown in the above image
- Your legs should be perpendicular to the ground and should not bend.
- Hold your breath and posture for a few seconds.
- Now exhale slowly and bring your legs again towards the ground.
- Repeat this for 3 – 4 cycles.
- You can practice this by completing one cycle by left leg then the right leg.
Benefits of Ardha Halasana (Half Plough pose)
- Good for building six pack abs.
- Improves digestion and appetite.
- Improves the function of blood circulation.
- Cures menstruation disorders.
- Stimulates abdominal organs.
- Reduces belly fats and lose weight.
- Cures stomach disorders.
- Improve the function of digestion and removes gases.
- Tone the thigh and hip muscles overall abdominal muscles.
- Good to prevent hernias.
- Useful to cure arthritis and lumbar spondylosis.
Precaution Ardha Halasana (Half Plough Pose)
- Those suffering from severe heart problem, severe back pain or high blood pressure should not practice Ardha halasana.
- Should practice under expert guidance.
- Women should not practice ardha halasana after the second month of pregnancy or should consult a doctor before practice.
View more yoga poses
You may like to read
1. Top Weight Loss Exercises and Diet Tips