Yoga Exercises for Pregnant Women
Benefits of yoga Exercises for pregnant women
- Yoga exercise improves the blood circulation.
- It brings flexibility in the abdominal organs.
- Releases tension and anxiety.
- Cure Insomnia (Sleeping disorder).
- Keep body healthy and active.
- Very effective in smooth and easy delievery.
- Cure constipation problem.
- Maintain blood pressure.
- Strengthens the muscles.
- Calms the mind.
- Stay more active during pregnancy. Don’t avoid walking and your daily routine.
- Daily 30-40 minutes walking is very necessary during pregnancy.
- Avoid exercising in hot weather.
- In pregnancy you can start swimming under expert guidance and trainer..
- Avoid exercises which causes pressure on the abdomen.
- Standing yoga poses are mostly advised to pregnant women. It strengthens the legs, enhance blood circulation, generate energy, and may reduce leg cramps.
There are some rules that pregnant women should follow when practicing yoga
- Drink more water to decrease the body temperature which is harmful to your baby. So you should take frequent water breaks.
- Eat healthy food.
- Practice under expert guidance.
- You should not practice asana that are harmful to you and your child.
- Stop those poses which require good balance. Try to avoid twisting and turning of abdomen.
- Consult your doctor before beginning any kind of exercise.
- Pregnant women should focus on more Breathing and Meditation.
- Walking for 30-40 minutes daily is important to become more active.
- During pregnancy walking is also the best exercise which controls the problem like high blood pressure, constipation.
Exercises for pregnant women are follows
- Gentle Butterfly (Baddha Konasana)
- Balasana (Child Pose)
- Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
- Veerbhadrasana (Warrior Pose)
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama
- Bhramari pranayama
- Marjariasana – Cat Pose
- Pregnant women should practice yoga exercise under expert guidance and consult a doctor before practicing any exercise.
- Should not over exhaust while practicing any exercise.