Benefits of Baddha Konasana Butterfly Pose
- This asana is very beneficial for pregnant women in easy and smooth delivery.
- Stimulate and improve the function of the reproductive system in men and women.
- Cures health of reproductive system.
- Improves blood circulation.
- It helps to stimulate the abdominal organs, prostate glands, bladder, and kidneys.
- It acts as a stress reliever.
- It helps in curing menstruation problems.
- Improve flexibility in the groin and in the hip region and gives a good stretch for inner thighs, groins, and knees.
Steps for Baddha Konasana Butterfly Pose
- Sit straight on the floor with erect spine and bend your knees by bringing feet as close as possible. Try to touch the soles of your feet each other.
- Hold your feet tightly with your hands.
- Inhale deeply. While exhaling press the thighs and knees down toward the floor by pressing your elbows on thighs or on the knees.
- Keep breathing normally and start flapping like a butterfly by bringing thighs up and down slowly.
Baddha Konasana is the best exercise for pregnant women. For easy and smooth delivery you have to practice some simple and safe yoga poses.
This is very well known best exercise for pregnant women. It looks like a butterfly flapping its wings so this pose is called a butterfly pose.
- A person suffering from groin and knee injury should not perform this asana. If you are able to perform then keep the blanket under your thighs for support.
- Avoid Baddha Konasna in menstruation days or practice it with expert guidance.
- Sciatica patients should not practice this pose or you can use pillows to sit.