If you want to cool down your mind and body temperature quickly then you must try (Sitali)
Sanskrit Name – Sheetali
Sheetali (Sheetal) – Cooling down
Pranayama – Breathing exercise
Sheetali Pranayama Steps
- Sit on the ground in the position of Sukhasana or padmasana.
- Now roll your tongue from both the sides to make a tube shape.
- Now inhale deeply through this tongue tube.
- Close your mouth and hold your breath for few seconds.
- Now exhale from the nostrils.
- Repeat this for 8-10 times.
Sitali Pranayama Benefits
- Makes our body cool due to inhaling through the rolled tongue. It decreases the heat in the body.
- One of the best breathing exercise to calm your mind and body.
- It is effective to control your blood pressure.
- Improves the quality of Sleep and cure insomnia.
- Effective to calm down pitta in the body.
- Relieves stress and anxiety.
- Plays an important role in the purification of blood.
- Reduces your anger and thirtst.
Sheetali Pranayama Precautions
- If you suffering from low blood pressure then you should not practice Sheetali breathing exercise. Because It is effective to cool the body temperature which may lead to low down blood pressure.
- In the winter season if possible avoid practicing it.
- Those who are suffering from old constipation problem should avoid it.
- Asthma Cold and cough patient should not practice Sheetali pranayama.
- Heart patient should not hold breath for a long time.
Hope you found this article helpful. If yes then try it and do not forget to share your comment with us.