It is an excellent exercise for pregnant women. This pose looks like a soldier in the position of war so it is Called as Virabhadrasana (Warrior Pose). Virabhadrasana 2 or Warrior 2 yoga pose is one of the effective yoga poses to strengthen arms, legs and abdomen area. Let’s it’s more benefits and how to do warrior pose step by step?
Vira – Hero
Bhadra – Friend, good
Asana – Pose
English Name – Virabhadrasana
How to Do Warrior Pose?
- Stand straight with your legs by keeping distance 3-4 feet between each other.
- Inhale and raise both hands parallel to the ground and turn your head to the right.
- While exhaling slowly turn your right foot at 90 degrees to the right.
- Slowly bend your right knee. Keep in mind that right thigh should be parallel to the ground. Stay in this position for some time. Breathe deeply for 4 times.
- After this come to your original standing position breathe normally. And perform the same steps for left leg by turning head to left.
- Repeat this cycle for 4-5 times.
Warrior 2 Yoga Pose Benefits (Virabhadrasana)
- Gives flexibility to the entire body.
- Gives strength to the legs, arms, lower back and tones your lower body.
- Strengthen the abdominal organ.
- Improve blood circulation throughout the body.
- Act as a stress reliever.
- Relieve pain during menstruation days in women.
- Relieve back pain.
- Increases stamina and improve balance in the body.
- Virabhadrasana calms the mind and improve concentration.
Warrior 2 Yoga Pose Precautions
- A person suffering from high blood pressure should not do this.
- Pregnant women should perform this asana under expert guidance.
- Pregnant women should stand near a wall so you can support yourself if necessary to balance your body.
- Those suffering from hypertension should not practice.
- Pregnant women should not overdo and should maintain the balance.
- Those who are suffering from spinal problem should not practice virabhadrasana.
- Those who are suffering from neck problem need not turn left or right. You can keep looking forward.
- A person suffering from Diarrhea should not practice.
- Consult a doctor before practicing virabhadrasana (warrior Pose) to avoid any complication if you are suffering from any spinal disorder.