Yoga is the best exercise for your physical and mental health. Which makes us healthy externally as well as internally. If you are going to start for the first time, then you should try basic yoga poses. Shavasana, Mountain pose, Downward dog, Warrior pose, Tree pose, Bridge pose, Bhujangasana, and Bbalasana are the best yoga poses for beginners.
Yoga Poses for Beginners
Here is the list of yoga poses with images which are enough to make you flexible, fit and energetic. Let’s start one by one.
1. Shavasana – Corpse Pose
Shavasana (corpse pose) is one of the best yoga poses for beginners which is very easy and simple. It should be done before and at the end of practicing yoga asanas.
- Always start yoga poses with Shavasana.
- Lie flat on your back, like our sleeping pose. Legs should be separated.
- Concentrate on your breathing and relax for a few minutes.
Benefits – Relaxes your body, improves concentration. shavasana
2. Mountain pose – Tadasana
3. Tadasana Steps
- Stand straight with feet together. Keep a small distance between two feet and relax.
- While taking a deep breath, stand on your toes and raise your hand overhead. You can join your fingers of the hand.
- Hold this position as much as you can (15-20 second) and stretch your body upward as far as possible.
- Then while exhaling bring down your hands and heels as in starting position.
Benefits – Increase height, improve posture, protect from spine problems
4. Downward dogs – Adhomukhasana
- Stand straight by keeping some distance between your feet.
- Now slowly bend downward in such a way to make “V” shape.
- Keep distance between two hands and legs as shown in the above image.
- While breathing out lift your toes and try to push yourself back. Do not bend legs or hands. It will give a good stretch on your back, hands, and legs.
- Take a deep breath and hold this position for some time
- Now, while exhaling slowly come in your starting, position.
Benefits – Tone muscles, cure sinus problem, stretches entire body, improve blood circulation.
4. Warrior pose – Virabhadrasana
How to do Warrior Pose
- Stand straight with your legs by keeping distance 3-4 feet between each other.
- Inhale and raise both hands parallel to the ground and turn your head to the right.
- While exhaling slowly turn your right foot at 90 degrees to the right.
- Slowly bend your right knee as shown in the above image. And hold this position for some time.
- Repeat this for, cycle for 4-5 times. Read more
Benefits – Gives strength to the legs, arms, lower back and tones your lower body. Read more
5. Tree pose – Vrikasana
Tree Pose Steps
- Stand straight with arms at sides
- Place your sole of right foot on the thigh above the knee of the left leg as shown in the above image
- After balancing bring hands in front of you in prayer position and raise upward.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds
Benefits – Improve balance, strengthens thigh, legs, calves, ankles, and spine.
6. Bridge Pose – Setubandhasana
Bridge Pose Steps
- Lie flat on the ground and keep your arms at your sides.
- Lift your lower body as shown in the above image.
- Breathe deeply in this position for 20-30 second.
- Then relax by bringing down your lower body as in starting position.
- Repeat this cycle for 4-5 times. Read more
Benefits – Reduces stress and strengthens your chest, back, and spine. Read more
7. Triangle pose – Trikonasana
- First to stand by keeping distance between two feet as shown in the above image.
- Now turn your right leg at around 90 degrees as shown in fig.
- Now bend at right side while exhaling and your left hand facing towards the ceiling and right hand touching your right toe as shown in fig.
- Stay for 1-2 minutes in this posture. Read more
Benefits – Stretches entire body, improve blood circulation, stimulate function of kidney and Read more
8. Seated Twist – Ardha Matsyendrasana
Seated Twist Pose Steps
- Bend your left leg and try to touch your feet to your right buttock as shown in the above image.
- Bring your right leg outside of the left knee. Touch your feet to the ground. Keep your spine erect.
- Exhale and turn your upper body to the right. Hold your right feet with the left hand and place your right hand behind you are on the ground as shown in the above image.
- Hold this position for 20-30 seconds. You can increase time after good practice.
Benefits – Stretches back muscles and spine, improve blood circulation, cures constipation and indigestion. Read more
10. Cobra Pose – Bhujangasana
Bhujangasana is one of the best yoga poses for beginners to burn belly fat and strengthen the stomach.
Bujangasana Pose Steps
- Lie down on your stomach and
- Take a deep breath and lift your upper body like head, neck, shoulders, chest upwards as shown in the above image.
- Hold this position for some time. Now exhale and bring your upper body to the ground.
- Repeat this cycle for 4-5 times.
Benefits – Cures acidity, indigestion, and constipation, reduce belly fat, improve blood circulation Read more
11. Baddhakonasana – Butterfly Pose
- Sit straight on the floor with erect spine and bend your knees by bringing feet as close as possible.
- Try to touch the soles of your feet each other.
- Hold your feet with your hands.
- Start flapping like a butterfly by bringing thighs up and down slowly for 1-2 minutes
- You can do it fast also. Read more
Benefits – Improve function of abdominal organs, prostate glands, bladder, and kidneys. Read more
12. Balasana – Child Pose
- Place your hand on thighs and palms down. Maintain the position of thighs as shown in the above image
- While exhaling slowly bring your chest between your knees and swinging hands forward as shown in the above image.
- Breathe gently and hold the posture for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then come to starting position. Repeat this cycle for 5-10 time.
Benefits – Releases stress, tension, and fatigue. Cures back pain. Read more
This yoga poses for beginners should be done under an expert guidance and on an empty stomach.
You May Like
- Top Yoga Exercises For Weight Loss
- Top Yoga Exercises and Tips for Fast Weight Loss
- Yoga Tips and Reasons Why You’re Not Losing Weight
- Which Are the Top Yoga Poses (Asana) for Losing Belly Fat?
- Breathing Exercise – Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Top 10 Home Remedies for Weight Loss
- Fastest Diet to Lose Weight and Yoga Tips