Raised leg pose is beneficial for those having back pain and stomach disorder. Uttanpadasana is highly recommended for stomach abs. People for a flat stomach and for strong ABS love this exercise. It is good for strengthening the abdominal muscles. You can practice this asana by raising one leg at a time also.
Benefits of Uttanpadasana (The Raised-leg Pose)
- Cures stomach disorders like acidity, indigestion, and constipation
- Strengthens the abdominal organs.
- Strengthens the back and hip and thigh muscles.
- Helpful for those suffering from gas problems, acidity, arthritis pain, heart problems and waist pain.
- Cures back pain.
- Helps to reduce tone the stomach muscles.
- Helpful for losing weight.
- Good for diabetes patients.
- Improve the function of digestive systems.
- Remove gases from the intestine.
- Good for increasing blood circulation around the body.
- Help to reduce weight in the abdomen area, thighs, and hips.
- Excellent for 6 packs abs.
- Improve the function of reproductive organs.
Steps for Uttanpadasana (The Raised-leg Pose)
- Lie flat on your back as shown in the above image and breathe normally.
- Place your hand on either side and palms should be facing down.
- Inhale slowly and lift the legs at 45 – 60 degree from the ground.
- Hold this posture for some time (15-20 sec) to feel pressure in lower abs.
- While exhaling (Breath out ) relaxes your posture by lowering legs i.e. (Starting position)
- Repeat this for 3-4 times daily.
Precautions for Uttanpadasana (The Raised-leg Pose)
- Pregnant women should avoid Uttanpadasana for first few months. Should consult a doctor before practicing this asana in the third trimester. Can take the support of wall while practicing.
- Those suffering from high blood pressure, slip disc, ulcer, or abdominal surgery should not do this asana.
- Should not practice in days of periods. But if you are comfortable doing this then there is no problem. Keep on doing it.
- Practice Uttanpadasana (The Raised-leg Pose) should be practice under expert guidance.
- Should consult a doctor before practicing any exercises.
You may also like to read:
- Low Blood Sugar Symptoms (Hypoglycemia), Causes and Yoga
- Diabetes Symptoms – How Yoga Control and Cure Diabetes?
- Yoga for Kidney Failure – How Kapalbhati Pranayama Cures kidney?
- Cure Heart Disease By Yoga Pranayama Exercises
- Yoga and Pranayama for High Blood Pressure or Hypertension
- Top Yoga Exercises For Weight Loss
- Losing Belly Fat Fast By Kapalbhati Pranayama at Home
- Cure Depression Stress And Anxiety By Yoga And Pranayama
- How Can I Solve Irregular Period Problem by Yoga Poses?
Join us on Facebook: Facebook page