In Sanskrit ‘Nauka’ means ‘Boat’ and ‘Asana’ means ‘Pose’. So this asana is called as Naukasana. While practicing boat pose you will see the entire body takes a shape of a boat. This boat pose is beneficial to cure many physical disorders. Basically, naukasana helps to strengthen the lungs, liver, and pancreas. Helps to increases the circulation of blood and maintain the sugar level.
Benefits of Naukasana (Boat-Pose)
- Helps to reduce belly fat.
- Improve the function of digestion.
- Good for developing six pack ABS.
- Regulates the function of pancreas, liver, and lungs.
- Strengthens abdominal muscles.
- Good for a diabetes patient to maintain the sugar level.
- Improves the blood circulation.
- Strengthens the muscles of thigh, hips, necks, and shoulder.
- Improves the function of kidney, thyroids and prostate glands.
Steps for Naukasana (Boat-Pose)
- Lie flat on your back on the yoga mat with your arms by your side.
- Relax in this position for some time and keep breathing normally.
- Now inhale slowly and lift your both legs as per shown in the above image.
- Keep legs straight and should not be bent.
- Raise your upper body to touch your legs with both hands.
- Try to maintain the angle of 45 degrees.
- Hold your breath and the posture for 10-15 seconds. You can increase the time of holding posture by practicing regularly.
- Now exhale slowly and get back to your starting position.
3-4 repetitions daily but should not overdo.
Precautions for Naukasana (Boat-Pose)
- Suffering from low or high blood pressure, hip joint pain, arthritis, severe headache, migraine, hernia and ulcer patients should not practiceNaukasana (Boat Pose).
- Consult a doctor first before practicing any exercise and practice under expert guidance.
- Pregnant women should not practice this boat pose.
- Avoid practicing during periods but if you are comfortable to practice then go ahead.
View More Yoga Poses
You May Like to Read
You may also like to read:
- Low Blood Sugar Symptoms (Hypoglycemia), Causes and Yoga
- Diabetes Symptoms – How Yoga Control and Cure Diabetes?
- Yoga for Kidney Failure – How Kapalbhati Pranayama Cures kidney?
- Cure Heart Disease By Yoga Pranayama Exercises
- Yoga and Pranayama for High Blood Pressure or Hypertension
- Top Yoga Exercises For Weight Loss
- Losing Belly Fat Fast By Kapalbhati Pranayama at Home
- Cure Depression Stress And Anxiety By Yoga And Pranayama