Diabetes means the body does not produce sufficient insulin or use it properly. Nowadays the percentage of diabetes in people increases day by day. We can see diabetes from small children’s to an old person. Only yoga for Diabetes patient is the best and simple way to manage and control blood sugar.
Symptoms of Diabetes
Excessive thirst, Itching in the body, slow healing of wounds, hunger, frequent urination, blurry vision, low sexual power, poor eyesight are the symptoms of diabetes.
Cause of Diabetes
Diabetes may be due to lack of exercise, obesity and tension stress-related problems. Due to stress the blood sugar level increases and we can say that people suffering from diabetes.
Complications of diabetes are as follows
There are 2 types of diabetes Type1 and Type 2
Type 1 is due to No production of Insulin in the body. It is due to heredity and so it is hard to prevent.
Type 2 is due to lifestyle. As we stated above like lack of exercise, Obesity, and tension stress-related problems.
Yoga for a diabetes patient is the best medicine. Regularly practicing yoga can prevent and manage diabetes and maintain the sugar level.
Type 1 is difficult (not impossible) to treat with yoga but Type 2 can be cure with yoga.
Asana to cure Type 2 diabetes
- Anulom Vilom
- Suryanamaskar (Sun Salutation)
- Bhastrika Pranayama
Tips for Diabetes patient
- Diet should be high in fiber. Increase intake of green vegetables, fruits,
- Avoid sugar in your diet.
- Milk is important for controlling blood sugar level.
- Avoid rice in diet and eat chapattis.
- Try to lose weight.
- Avoid fatty foods.
- Avoid stress and be happy always. Due to stress blood sugar level get increased.
- If you are a non-vegetarian then avoid non-veg daily but can have twice in a week.
- Exercise in the morning is very important which help to decrease sugar level. Start practicing yoga asana in the morning. Jogging and walking are very necessary.
- Papaya, apple, orange, pear, and guava high in fiber so you can consume it but avoid other fruits which are high in sugar.
- Practice yoga under expert guidance.