“Trikona” means “Three angles” and “Asana” means “Pose” in Sanskrit. This asana look like the triangle shape so it is called as Trikonasana. This asana stretches the muscles and improve the functions of the body. This is a good exercise for pregnant women.
Steps for Trikonasana (Triangle pose)
- First to stand by keeping distance between two feet as shown in the above image.
- Now turn your right leg at around 90 degrees as shown in fig.
- While inhaling raise the both hands in the upward direction in such a way that they will be parallel to the ground and palms facing downwards.
- Now bend at right side while exhaling and your left hand facing towards the ceiling and right hand touching your right toe as shown in fig.
- Keep your eyes facing towards the ceiling (towards the left palm) and do not bend forward or backward. Pregnant women should take care of her balance. You can take support of a wall or your friend to maintain the balance.
- Keep inhaling deeply and while exhaling relax the body more and more.
- Stay for 1-2 minutes in this posture.
- Now inhale and get back to original position.
- Repeat from bending left side then the right side.
– Repeat 3-5 times from both sides.
Benefits of Trikonasana(Triangle pose)
- Stimulate and improve the function of blood through the entire body.
- Strengthens and stretches the hips, back, arms, thighs and leg.
- Reduces blood pressure, stress and anxiety.
- Cure indigestion.
- Gives flexibility to groins, hamstrings and hips.
- Transactional calm the mind.
- Stimulate the function of kidney.
- Helps to remove fats from the waist and thighs.
- This asana improve the balance and increases concentration.
- Low or High blood pressure patient should not practice trikonasana.
- Those suffering from back and spinal injuries should not perform trikonasana.
- Practice under expert guidance and consult a doctor before practice asana. Especially pregnant women if there are any complications.