According to the Baba Ramdev, yoga plays an important role to stimulate and improve the function of thyroid gland successfully. Are you looking for the best thyroid exercise in yoga then don’t miss this article. Yog guru Baba Ramdev, recommends Kapalbhati, Ujjayi, Halasana, and Sarvangasana for those who are thyroid patient. Let’s see benefits and steps of yoga for thyroid problems.
Role of Thyroid Gland
The thyroid gland is a butterfly-shaped endocrine gland which is located in the neck area. It is a hormonal gland which releases hormones to regulate your body functions like body weight, menstrual cycle, heart rate, the temperature of the body, nervous system, cholesterol, muscle strength and so many.
But if you are suffering from the thyroid gland disorder then start practicing yoga exercises regularly. Yoga will definitely improve the function of your thyroid gland in few weeks.
Thyroid Exercise In Yoga By Baba Ramdev
1. Kapalbhati Pranayama
In seven pranayama of Baba Ramdev, Kapalbhati pranayama is best thyroid exercise in yoga for thyroid disorder. According to the Baba Ramdev, those who are suffering from thyroid disorder should practice Kapalbhati pranayama at least 30 – 45 minutes daily. It is the best thyroid stimulating exercise because it is not only effective to improve the function of thyroid gland but also effective to lose weight.
[ Do Not Miss – Kapalbhati Pranayama Steps and Benefits ]
2. Ujjayi Pranayama
Benefits of ujjayi pranayama
- Prevents heart disease and cures blockages in arteries.
- Stimulates thyroid glands and cures thyroid disorder.
- Cures throat problems.
- Improves focus.
Steps for Ujjayi Pranayama
- Sit in padmasana (Lotus Pose) with an erect spine.
- Now take a deep breath from both the nostril.
- While inhaling bend head down and try to contract your throat. While inhaling feel the air touches the throat which produces a different sound like snoring. Keep in mind that sound should come from your throat only.
- Now while exhaling or breathing out, press your thumb of the right hand on your right nostril and exhale through the left nostril like Anulom Vilom Pranayama.
- This way practice ujjayi pranayama for 15-30 minutes daily.
3. Halasana Yoga Pose for Thyroid
Another important thyroid exercise in yoga is Halasana. Regular practice of Halasana, improves the function of thyroid gland, strengthens neck, back, shoulder and pelvic region and Effective exercise to treat the menstrual disorder.
[ More Details – Steps and Benefits of Halasana Yoga Pose ]
4. Sarvangasana Yoga for Thyroid
Sarvangasana is also the best thyroid exercise in yoga. Regular practice of Sarvangasana prevents and controls thyroid disorder. Also, it is effective to cure a migraine and headache and relieves pain in legs.
[ More Details – Sarvangasana Yoga Pose Steps ]
Above exercises of yoga for thyroid will definitely help you to cure your thyroid disorder but practice under an expert guidance and consult your doctor to avoid complications.
And one more thing is that if you want to share more tips on this topic then do not forget to share and comment below.
Do Not Miss