What is Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism means your thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone for normal body function. The growth, development, and many cellular processes of the body depends on proper thyroid function.
Causes of Thyroid problems
Autoimmune disease, surgery of the thyroid, radiation treatment, damage to the pituitary gland, too much or too little iodine are common causes thyroid problems.
The thyroid is a basically a butterfly-shaped gland. It is located in the neck. When this thyroid gland is not working properly, a person may suffer from weight gain, depression, constipation, skin problem and heart problems.
Yoga and pranayama is the best way to treating hypothyroidism naturally. Millions of people suffering from thyroid gland problems and the majority of them don’t know it yet.
Common Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
- Muscle and joint pain
- Sexual dysfunction.
- Swelling in the neck.
- Lack of energy level.
- Dry skin
- Hair loss.
- The skin becomes thick, dry, and scaly.
- Indigestion, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome
- Menstruation disorder (Irregular periods).
- Fertility Problems.
- Puffy face.
- Weight gain.
- Poor memory
Yoga and pranayama is the best way to cure thyroid problems and treating hypothyroidism. You have to practice yoga daily to become more healthy. There is some excellent and effective yoga poses to cure thyroid problems in women as follows.
Pranayama for Treating Hypothyroidism, Thyroid Problems,
- Bhastrika Pranayama
- Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Bahya pranayama
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama and Nadi Shodhan
- Bharmari Pranayama
- Udgeeth Pranayama
- Pranav Pranayama
Yoga Poses for Treating Hypothyroidism, Thyroid Problems
- Halasana (Plow Pose)
- Sarvangasana -Shoulder Stand Pose
- Marjarisana (Cat pose)
- Saun Salutation- Suryanamaskar – Good for controlling weight
Home Remedies to Cure Thyroid Problems
Ginger is the best for improving thyroid function. Ginger is having a good source of Zinc, magnesium, and potassium which acts as an anti-inflammatory. You can simply chew ginger or make a ginger tea with a 1table spoon of honey.
2. Black Walnut
The use of black walnut in the daily diet plan is very effective for curing thyroid problem. Black walnut is a good source of iodine. It strengthens and nourishes the thyroid gland.
Increase the intake of iodine. Yoghurt, fish, meat, eggs, seafood, potato, parsley, radish, bananas, oatmeal, and salt are the good source of iodine. Consult a doctor before taking any supplement.
4. Gomutra (Cow urine)
Treating hypothyroidism by cow urine (Gomutra) is an excellent medicine to cure thyroid problems. But keep in mind it should be very fresh. 2-4 teaspoon in the morning on an empty stomach. Then do not eat for half an hour. It is best to cure breast cancer also. So try it.
5. Sun rays
Walk for 20 minutes in sunshine daily early in the morning. Walking early in the morning is very important. It increases the level of vitamin D in your body to maintain a healthy immune system.
6. Coconut Oil
Take around 1 teaspoon of coconut oil regularly. Coconut oil improves the function of thyroid hormone and speeds the metabolism.
- Before practicing yoga you should consult a doctor about your thyroid gland problems. In some cases medicine and yoga practice both are necessary.
- In some patients it takes 2 – 4 months so keep practicing regularly and do not stop. Your dedication is very important.
You may also like to read:
- What are General Signs and Symptoms of Cancer?
- Diabetes Symptoms – How Yoga Control and Cure Diabetes?
- Yoga for Kidney Failure – How Kapalbhati Pranayama Cures kidney?
- Cure Heart Disease By Yoga Pranayama Exercises
- Yoga and Pranayama for High Blood Pressure or Hypertension
- Top Yoga Exercises For Weight Loss
- Losing Belly Fat Fast By Kapalbhati Pranayama at Home
- Cure Depression Stress And Anxiety By Yoga And Pranayama
- How Alzheimers Disease Can Be Treated by Yoga