Back exercises of yoga strengthens your lower back muscle. But if you are suffering from acute injuries then it is good to consult a doctor before practicing yoga to find the main cause behind the back pain. You can have a massage regularly.
Back pain is the second major headache for those working in an office. It is very common and can be seen in young people as well as in older people. Survey says that out of 5 people 2 are suffering from back pain.
Lower back pain as well as upper back pain affects our daily routine and our work. The reasons behind this can be sport injuries or sitting for a long time in an office chair in a different position or wrong sleeping habits.
Back exercises of yoga – Lower back yoga exercises
- Balasana (Child pose)
- Marjariasana (Cat pose)
- Bhujangasna (Cobra pose)
- Dhanurasana (Bow pose)
- Shavasana – Just lying straight on back is called shavasana
- Pawanamuktasana (Wind removing pose)
- Seven Pranayama
Above exercises are the best yoga stretches for lower back pain, should practice regularly to get rid of back pain.
Benefits of back exercises of yoga to relieve lower back pain
- Yoga exercise strengthens the back muscles as well as the abdominal muscles.
- Cures back pain.
- Improves the body posture.
- Stretches your back muscles.
- Yoga helps to release tension and stress.
- Increases blood circulation which is very helpful to injured tissue.
- Brings flexibility in the spinal cord.
- Yoga keeps our body strong and healthy.
- Relaxes our whole body.
Cause of back pain as follows
- Wrong sitting and sleeping habits.
- Heavy physical activity.
- Repetitive work.
- No exercise.
- Tension in the back muscles
- Driving a vehicle for a long time.
- Pushing and pulling heavy things.
Psychosocial risk factors of back pain
- Mental stress at work
- Job dissatisfaction
Tips for back pain relief
- Drink more water and juices.
- Avoid taking painkillers. These pain killer tablets will damage your kidney.
- Have a massage twice in a week or daily.
- Sleep straight on your back.
- Eat food which is full of proteins and calcium.
- Regular yoga exercises are must.
- Keep moving. Don’t sit for long time in one position.
- Sit straight while working in office.
- Practice pranayama (Breathing exercises) regularly if your back pain is due to stress or depression.
Precautions before back exercises of yoga
- Yoga practice should be done under expert guidance and consult a doctor to find the main cause of paining.
- Those suffering from slip disc or spinal cord injuries or any problem should consult a doctor.
You may also like to read:
- Diabetes Symptoms – How Yoga Control and Cure Diabetes?
- Yoga for Kidney Failure – How Kapalbhati Pranayama Cures kidney?
- Cure Heart Disease By Yoga Pranayama Exercises
- Yoga and Pranayama for High Blood Pressure or Hypertension
- Top Yoga Exercises For Weight Loss
- Losing Belly Fat Fast By Kapalbhati Pranayama at Home
- Cure Depression Stress And Anxiety By Yoga And Pranayama