Bhramari pranayama is the excellent breathing exercise which plays an important role in releasing agitation, frustration, and anger. It is the best breathing exercise in calming your mind. ‘Bhramari ‘is the type of ‘Indian bee’ and ‘pranayama ‘means breathing. So it is called as Bhramari Pranayama. In this type of pranayama when we exhale making a humming sound. It resembles the typical humming sound of bees. So you can understand why this breathing exercise is called as Bhramari Pranayama. Let’s see steps and benefits of pranayama as follows.
Steps for Bhramari Pranayama (Humming Bee Breath)
- Sit straight in the Padmasana or Sukhasana and press your tragus with your thumb.
- Place your index fingers on the forehead and with the remaining fingers close your eyes.
- Start inhaling through both the nostril deeply and slowly.
- By keeping mouth closed, exhale by making a humming sound bee like “hmmm”. While making humming sound say ‘Om’ in soft humming sound.
- Feel your body releases impurity from your body and experiencing positive energy.
Practice daily for 3 to 5 minutes.
Benefits of Bhramari Pranayama (Humming Bee Breath)
- It relieves tension, anger, and anxiety.
- Effective against hypertension.
- Cures sinus problem.
- Bhramari Pranayama controls the high blood pressure and cures it.
- Helps to stay calm and bring stability to mind.
- Cures the problems related to nervous system.
- During pregnancy, it is very helpful for pregnant women for easy and trouble-free childbirth.
- It should be practice under expert guidance.
- People having heart disease should not hold their breath for a long time.
- Pranayama should be done on empty stomach.
- If you feel dizzy while practicing, stop the exercise and start normal breathing.
- Consult a doctor if you are suffering from an ear problem or and medical ailments before doing Bhramari Pranayama.
- Should maintain a gap of 5 hours between your meal or lunch.
- Better to practice in the morning in the fresh air.
You May Like to Read
3. Yoga Poses
You May Also Like to Read
- What are General Signs and Symptoms of Cancer?
- Diabetes Symptoms – How Yoga Control and Cure Diabetes?
- Yoga for Kidney Failure – How Kapalbhati Pranayama Cures kidney?
- Cure Heart Disease By Yoga Pranayama Exercises
- Yoga and Pranayama for High Blood Pressure or Hypertension
- Top Yoga Exercises For Weight Loss
- Losing Belly Fat Fast By Kapalbhati Pranayama at Home
- Cure Depression Stress And Anxiety By Yoga And Pranayama